What personal information do we collect and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information about you:
- When you contact us using the "Contact Us" form on the website, we collect your name, email address and any comments that you provide. This information is used by us to respond to your comments.
- When you book a room using our website we collect your title, first name, surname, address, email address, telephone number and payment card details. Additionally we ask for the title, first name and surname of a person for each room that you book. This allows us to hold the room for you, identify you on arrival at Premier Inn and contact you in relation to your stay with us.
- At various points it is possible to register with Premier Inn. We collect your title, first name, surname, address, email address, telephone number and a password. This allows us to identify you when you return to the site and means you do not need to enter this information when booking a room. You are also able to store a personal identification number to allow you to access and apply your room preferences and personal details when booking through our automated telephone service (e.g. usual room type, payment card details and preferred booking confirmation method).
- When you enter any competition, promotion or prize draw on the site, we may collect your name, address, email address and telephone number. This information is used for the purpose of entering you in the competition, promotion or prize draw and for the purposes explained in the terms and conditions applicable to the competition, promotion or prize draw.
- If you agree, we will also collect your name, address, email address and telephone number so that we and other companies in the Whitbread group can keep you informed of news and offers from Premier Inn and other Whitbread group companies.
- When you visit the site, we log the IP address of the machine you use to access our site. The IP address is a unique number that is used on the Internet to identify a unique computer for the purposes of allowing computers to communicate with each other.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies in the Whitbread group and to service providers for the purpose of providing services to you, for example the processing and fulfilment of your room booking, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
If you agree we may also share your personal information with other companies in the Whitbread group so they may keep you informed of news and offers from other exciting Whitbread brands.
In addition, we may disclose your information to a buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets).
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), we will ensure that they keep your information secure.