Front Office Manager
Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta Adisucipto
Lead the Reception and Reservations team to deliver extraordinary guest services ensuring delivery of brand standards and achievement of business objectives.
- Manage the reception and reservations operation to ensure smooth operations of the Front Office department and ensure brand standards are delivered;
- Control the availability of rooms and the day to day functions of the Front Office such as handling guest arrival and departure and information requests, including groups and tours
- Manage occupancy, room status and allocations through effective business planning, yield management and Opera property management system;
- Respond to guest requests, enquiries and complaints
- Oversee the management of ledgers, house accounts & late charges
- Budgeting, preparing reports and forecasting occupancy and cost
- Manage training and development activity to support succession planning;
- Lead, motivate and coach team members to achieve operational success;
- Control all reception -related costs to achieve profit targets;
- Ensure all legal standards maintained e.g. health & safety, fire and security for guests and team members;
- Carry out duty management;
- Contribute to projects to support continuous improvement in the hotel; and
- Perform other activities as requested by line manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
Graduate level education or equivalent experience in hospitality.
Experience managing reservation and reception operations including: rooms management experience and best practice; employee relations; recruitment and selection; health & safety and cash handling knowledge; business awareness; complaint handling; profit & loss accounts, forecasting and revenue management and effective labour scheduling.
Excellent and natural communication and presentation
A passion for service delivery and confident in taking the initiative
Proven staff management skills; including rostering, training and leading
Must be a self-starter, who thrives on the autonomy of the role yet is also a strong team player, engaging & inspiring colleagues
Demonstrates credibility and confidence when making presentations to customers and senior managers
Demonstrates passion and commitment