Head of Sales
Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta Adisucipto
Develop and deliver the Sales & Marketing plan, develop and continue to service core target markets to ensure market share is achieved and drive sales into hotels up to and above budgeted targets.
- Manage and train the sales team, motivating them to perform to the best of their ability.
- Develop new business and grow existing accounts to increase occupancy, sales and profit for the hotel, whilst increasing market share.
- Liaise with General Manager and central support to develop and execute the hotel sales & marketing strategy.
- Organise and engage in face to face customer visits with new and existing customers as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly with customers, keeping them informed of changes such as cancellation & pricing policy alterations.
- Source new and maintain existing leisure and corporate clients source channels including OTAs, Corporate, MICE, Groups, Tours, Travel Agents etc.
- Build strategic relationships with corporate clients, wholesalers, groups and business networks of frequent bookers and agencies to maximise revenue.
- Ensure sales & marketing brand standards are followed including lead development, tracking and conversion, sales staff reviews and training.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships within the local community.
- Engage with new and existing customers through a multi-channel approach including web channels, online and promotional initiatives to build customer base.
- Attend exhibitions, road shows, customer hospitality events and other events as determined by the General Manager, team targeting key domestic markets.
- Follow up on all exhibition and event leads ensuring that information where requested is sent out and where there is a requirement make appointments for the General Manager /Sales team.
- Be an ambassador for the brand and positively represent the image of the hotel and its services at all times.
- Perform other activities as requested by line manager.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge / Skills
Qualifications: A degree or post-graduate degree in Management or Sales & Marketing or Hospitality Management or a related field.
Experience: Experience in a sales or sales and marketing role in a related industry would be an advantage.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Can demonstrate a successful track record from previous job roles showing consistent target achievement.
- Proven track record of exceptional and proactive relationship management with customers, vendors and corporate groups.
- Business development and strong sales skills to actively seek and take advantage of opportunities.
- Revenue Management and rate setting experience.
- Strong background in sourcing, driving and managing OTA production (content, yielding and promotions).
- Uses competitor analysis, local network and business contacts to demonstrate awareness of strengths & opportunities within the business and to mobilise appropriate sales strategies.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Can demonstrate team management skills.
- Must be a self-starter, who thrives on the autonomy of the role yet is also a strong team player, engaging & inspiring colleagues.
- Demonstrates credibility and confidence when making presentations to customers and senior managers.
- Demonstrates passion and commitment.
Other Related Job Requirements:
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout Indonesia.